1. ADD is known as Attention Deficit Disorder. (Hey, maybe some out there doesn’t know what it is. In another country. Or maybe on an alien planet somewhere)
2. I’m pretty sure that I accidentally threw out my Adderall (ADD meds, just in case someone’s never heard of it).
3. I haven’t taken it for 6 days now and I am in HELL.
4. I can’t get another refill for at least two weeks. “It’s too soon”, said the pharmacist. Yeah, is it too soon to let you choose your form of death???
5. Adderall is an amphetamine. That would be speed to you junkies out there.
6. It does not have the effect on us ADD people that it does on those who take it just for the sheer joy of it.
7. It calms me, my mind does not race and I go to bed no later than 1:00 am now.
8. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking: 1 a.m.?? What the heck time did she use to go to bed?
9. I’ll tell you what it was: 2 thirtyish. As in AM. And that was forcing myself to go to bed where I would ultimately lay there with my mind spinning like a top until at least 4 a.m.
10. At work today, I noticed in phone conversations, I would try to finish everyone’s sentence and I talked over them. Apparently this was always a biggie for me that I had never been aware of before, even though everyone told me I did that. But now, after 6 days of no medication, I was completely aware of it. And I couldn’t stop it.
11. It has taken me over an hour to type this out because I can’t still long enough to finish it.
12. You would think that since the medication is an amphetamine, AKA speed, I would lose weight like my doctor told me may happen. I’ve been on it for 6 mos. now. I’ve lost a whopping 5 lbs.
13. Please, feel free to stop by and visit me later. I’ll be here til at least 3 a.m.!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!