1. Hollywood. Need I say more?
2. Going to a taping of your favorite sitcom. I’ve been to tapings of Friends, Will and Grace, and Everyone Loves Raymond.
3. I’ve also gone to tapings of Ellen, Dr. Phil and Real Time with Bill Maher.
4. Disneyland. We have annual passes.
5. The ocean and the mountains less than 2 hrs. apart. Where else can you surf in the morning and go snow skiing in the afternoon?
5. Actually, all within a 2 hr. distance of L.A. is Palm Springs, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Big Bear (our local mountain community).
6. Only a 4 hr. drive or 45 minute flight from Las Vegas!
7. Beautiful beaches like Malibu, Santa Monica and Laguna.
8. Star sightings (as in movie, TV, etc) are so common here that we don’t even react to it anymore.
9. We have great shopping here! Rodeo Drive (not that I could ever afford that area!), Montana Ave. in Santa Monica and Melrose Ave. in Hollywood.
10. The El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, an old movie theater built in 1926 that was purchased by Disney and restored for showing only Disney movies. It’s absolutely beautiful.
11. Great concert venues like The Hollywood Bowl or The Greek Theater, both outside ampitheaters.
12. UCLA and USC!
13. And of course, the weather. Average yearly temperature is 72 degrees. Can’t beat that!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!.