About a week ago I received an email from Patience Salgado AKA Kindness Girl:
Girl….i gotta an idea i thought we can partner on….it’s a back to school mission! What do you think? we could partner and launch it together….does it call to you at all?
Well that was a no brainer. Of course it called to me, so partner we did! When I told my son what we were going to be doing, he couldn’t wait to start. We enlisted the help of a couple of friends and got to work.
We cut up cardstock into little card sized pieces and grabbed a hand full of markers and let our imaginations run wild.
The kids got creative with their words as well as their artwork and they did a great job!
After we finished the cards, we jumped in the car and headed to the local ice cream shop and bought a bunch of $2 gift certificates. Next, we attached the gift certificates to the cards using paperclips then headed off to the closest Target store for our mission. We made a beeline for the back-to-school section of the store. Once there, I told everyone that they could take their little cards and put them anywhere they wanted. They chose pencil boxes,
and I put one in this pencil box in hopes that someone would find it quickly.
We had to be quick and make sure no one saw us. I had to be quick with my camera too, because I didn’t want to draw attention to what we were up to. The whole think took about ten minutes and we left as soon as we finished. What a great day!
Patience and I are determined to get more people involved in Guerrilla Goodness, so we are inviting everyone to participate. You can do as little or as much as you like. Here’s some instructions to get you started on your mission:
1. Call a friend right now and invite him or her to do this kindness mission with you. Kids can pick friends too! Pick local or far away, it will be fun for everyone…
2. Decide how daring you want to be with your kindness- all levels count!
3. Pick a treasure to hide. Some ideas are a note, $5 in a small envelope, a gift card, tiny journal, movie tickets, some stickers or silly bandz for kids!
4. Hide a treasure in a pocket. Any kind of pocket will do- pants, shirts, bag, or even drop in a shoe.
5. Where? you can do this in your house in a closet near you, or head to a thrift store, mall, etc. Anywhere someone will find your love and kindness.
6. Include this new fancy little green card like the one in the picture above to your kindness act so we might even invite others to pass it on. (You don’t have to use these cards. You’re more than welcome to make your own as we did).
7. Show us your stealthy goodness in the Guerrilla Goodness Flickr Pool and join our Facebook group so we can all see the kindness spread and grow!
So, what do you think? Are you in?! This world definitely needs more love and kindness so please join Patience and myself in doing our part to bring more to this world. It’s something we can never have too much of. 🙂